Student and ParentVUE is a means for students and parents/guardians of the Albuquerque Public Schools District to access education records through a secured Internet site. Students and parents/guardians choosing to participate must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Access to StudentVUE and ParentVUE is a free service offered to all current students and parents/guardians of Albuquerque Public Schools District. Access to student information through the StudentVUE and ParentVUE is a privilege, not a right. Students and parents/guardians must practice proper and ethical use of the StudentVUE and ParentVUE. The Albuquerque Public Schools District takes privacy seriously, and we have implemented numerous physical and technological safeguards to protect all parent and student data. If you suspect the privacy has been violated, please contact your school immediately.
B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between schools and parents/guardians. The District will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. The parent/guardian should check their student's personal and contact information periodically to confirm that everything remains accurate. If changes are needed, please notify the School Secretary. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the Enrollment/Attendance Technician in the school office. Questions about grades should be directed to the student's teacher.
C. Use of the StudentVUE and ParentVUE
Students and parents/guardians are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Must act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner.
2. Must not attempt to harm or destroy the data or networks of the school or District.
3. Must not attempt to access information or any account assigned to another user.
4. Must not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
5. If you identify a security problem within StudentVUE or ParentVUE notify the school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
6. Must not share their password with anyone, including each other.
7. Must not set their computer to automatically login to the sites.
8. Identified as a security risk will be denied access to the site.
9. Parents who have joint legal custody of their student but live apart may each activate a separate ParentVUE account.
D. Limitation of School District Liability
Albuquerque Public Schools District will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. The District is not responsible for financial obligations arising through unauthorized use of StudentVUE or ParentVUE, the District's computer system, or the Internet. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by the student or parent/guardian that compromise their student's information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the StudentVUE or ParentVUE for viewing student information without notice. All students and parents/guardians who use the StudentVUE and/or ParentVUE to access educational records consent to electronic monitoring and understand that this is a private network used as an educational tool by Albuquerque Public Schools District employees. StudentVUE and ParentVUE account activity is electronically recorded.